ATTENTION : Conformément à la loi Filippetti, le code GRATUIT80 n’est pas utilisable pour les livres.
Ce livre est en anglais.
Creating engaging and believable creature designs is an exciting yet challenging feat. The monsters, aliens, and fantasy beasts that grace our TV and cinema screens represent the hard work and dedication of a team of incredibly talented concept artists and designers.
This book unlocks their world and introduces the fundamental skills behind creating movie- and videogame-quality designs. Covering key topics such as animal anatomy, functionality, color, and shape language, as well as ideation and research techniques for developing unique, compelling, and authentic designs, this expansive book is a comprehensive, timeless volume packed full of advice from some of the most impressive and renowned artists working in this field today.
Contributors include concept artists who have worked on the Marvel films and for the highly revered Weta Workshop (The Lord of the Rings film trilogy) and Aaron Sims Company (Stranger Things).
• Begin your workflow with targeted research and ideation, guided by industry professionals
• Understand the functionality of real-world anatomy and its role in creating truly believable new species
• Discover how the fascinating processes of evolution and biological adaptation are the key to authentic results
• Breathe life into your creatures by establishing their unique mix of habitat, social behavior, diet, and even life cycle
• Apply key design principles such as contrast, scale, and shape language to infuse your creations with dynamic impact
• Eight detailed case studies featuring step-by-step artwork and industry advice by professional concept artists